The Blog Farm

The Blog Farm

Monday, August 13, 2012

I CAN'T GIVE UP

This is for all the victims out there, who want so much to be a survivor...It will happen for you, I promise one day it will.....

I CAN'T GIVE UP

Torturous images brought my world to a halt
So many years of heartache, reliving the abuse,
Trying so hard to hang onto something concrete
But often just feeling "oh what is the use."


My mind in a haze not knowing what to do
Give up, and let my abuser be king,
Or fight for my life, to live and stand strong
But so many visions in my eyes, with tears that sting.



I want to be a survivor
And hold my head up high,
To make my heart feel love within
No more tears that make me cry.



So I can't give in, I need to stay strong
Release the past, tell my inner child evil is done,
Gently I whisper and hold her so tight
Soon we will be strong enough to be one.



written by Mary Graziano 
August 10, 2012

No comments: